Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Heavy Sigh

Okay, why do I even try? Or have a comment? Or, really, two cents.

So the week has been busy. Taught my last "Film Study Class" last night. 8 weeks. Good to get it done, but sad to see it go. Gosh I love teaching.

While I was doing that, Miriam and her father were checking out the cars at Classic Coaches on Aurora and making a determination that this Toyota Camry with 66,000 miles on it (a 1999) was a good buy at 10Gs. Still, I think, we can buy a NEWER car than one that is 7 years old. But as I taught they bargained.

By the time I got home the decision had, pretty much, been made. I STILL want to wait through this weekend and see what special "Memorial Day Sales" all the various car lots will have - but my voice is echoing.

Yesterday I found a 2005 Hyundai with 11,000 miles for $9,000. Still 4 more years under warranty. 55,000 miles less than the car she's looking at. When I brought it up she said flatly:

"I'm not buying a Hyundai." Oh, okay. Swell. What if I said: "I'm not buying a Toyota?" Then where would we be?

More conversations. She found a car that was not even in the same class to compare to to make me think this other one was even better. Heavy sigh. I can tell you right now that we're buying this car. A car I haven't seen, driven, licked, or ANYTHING. But it's what she wants. And I'll be damned if I don't let her get it.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenerator said...

Just remember it's always darkest just before you go blind!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home