Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MOVIES! BY GOD, MOVIES!

Sorry I haven't been keeping "up-to-speed" with this blog - but I've been REALLY busy. Both at work and at home.

Bottom line: I'm trying to sell a script.

Other bottom line: I have work to do.

So I've seen a handful of movies since I last posted about films:

"Silent Night - Deadly Night"
"Panic"
"Messiah of Evil"
"The Blancheville Monster"
and
"Ed Wood"

A couple films I want to point out of this group:

"Ed Wood" was WONDERFUL. A great hilarious film. What makes it so much fun is that I had previously read a book about Ed Wood and I had read the screenplay of the film. The film was great.

The other film I want to mention is: "Messiah of Evil" which was your typical "zombie" film. What made it interesting was that it was written and directed by Willard Huyck and produced by .... Katz (first name escapes me). They wrote "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and produced "More American Grafitti" and other noted films (including the debacle of "Howard the Duck." "Messiah" wasn't that bad - but had a really weird convoluted story line and an opening song that was supposed to be like a hit Joan Baez tune. Weird.

"Ed Wood?" Great. Rent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home