Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Movies

And then some....

I won't bore you with all the details of what I've seen. I'll just pick and choose some of the best.

"Dracula and his Bride" was a good "Hammer" production with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Very good.

"Savage Weekend" wasn't bad. Lots, and lots, of nudity. Yuppies in the Ozarks being killed by.... (I won't give it away.)

Watched "Black Hooker" which was based on a play. I thought it would be your sort of standard T & A fare but it's more of a morality tale. Part of the problem, though, was that it was done in Widescreen but transfered to video without any pan- and-scan. Same with some other recent films. So you end up with people talking - but you can only see half their face.

A number of these films, including "Weekend" and "Hooker" had dorky sound-tracks with original songs.

Watched a film called "Going Steady" which was like a late 70's film, based in the 50's, about teens in Tel Aviv and their adventures (usually revolving around girls). If most of these films are based on the writer's life - I wonder what the hell was wrong with this guy. The film was LOADED with 50's tunes almost to the point of distraction - or maybe the film was so crappy all I had to concentrate on was the music.

What I'm getting at was there's one disturbing scene where one of the boys brings a girl home - but he sneaks two of his friends in to let them take "turns" on her after he's done. She, of course, is clueless about this. So...he's going to let them rape her because, well, she'll like it! Yeah! That's it! Rape is fun! Give me a break. So he's done and fat boy climbs on top of her and she's all pissed - well, duh! Heavy sigh.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home