Monday, September 11, 2006

You have inscrutable eyes...

I have no idea what the hell that means. But Woody Allen can get away with it.

I watched "Melinda and Melinda" over the weekend. Probably because I'm dealing so much with Melinda, my manager, in my subconcious I had to watch this movie.

It's a "slight" Woody Allen Dramedy. The thing I kept thinking about, though, was that it's really a simple story and one I kept thinking: "I could have written this!" Yes, there were some clever bits, and some "allenisms" but it was very simple. As much as I could write it, though, I know that I couldn't sell it. Not with lines like the above:

"You have inscrutable eyes...."

Woody writes it. Woody makes it. If I wrote it and tried to pitch it, I'd be laughed out of the conference room.

Watched a great Dario Argento film: "Creepers" which was AMAZING. And Jennifer Connelly, at the age of 15, went through HELL with this movie. I won't say much more than that - but find it, watch it. Kicks ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home