Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Movies

November and December saw me trying to catch up with some of the "darling" films of 2006 while still pushing through my PD collection.

Some of the films I watched:

"Thank you for Smoking" - good film, bad Kate Cruise
"The Upside of Anger" - good film, nice twist at the end, didn't care much about the characters, though
"Lord of War" - intense, good, intriguing.
"Weather Man" - VERY good, one of my favorites. Under-rated. Not perfect, but just, dang, good.

Plus a few dozen PD films that don't really stick out.

I did see one film last night: "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" with a young Kirk Douglas. It was great in that 40's melodrama, unbridled passion, slick dialogue, bad-guys turned good guys, type of movie. A-List all the way.

More soon. I promise. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home