Friday, October 06, 2006

Excuses Excuses

ENOUGH EXCUSES—

I’m tired of this. Tired of this bulls**t. How many excuses can we make for our behavior. When you were a kid and you kicked the ball in the house (which, of course, you weren’t supposed to do) and it hit the lamp and broke it, you didn’t suddenly say:

“It’s the ball’s fault!”
“It’s the air density in the house’s fault!”
“I’m bipolar.”
“I have a drinking problem.”
“I’m gay.”

No, you looked at the floor, said you were sorry and cleaned up after yourself.

So I’m tired of these excuses coming from people and even MORE tired of the excuses coming from apologists FOR these people.

So….let’s see what has happened over the past few weeks.

1. The Today Show parades Debra LaFave around like a $2 whore giving her ample amount of time to strut and explain why she was sleeping with a 14 year old boy. Shock of shock. She’s bipolar. Lets forget the fact that she’s a TEACHER for gosh sakes. And went through how ever many years of college to get her teaching certificate but, due to being bipolar, she sleeps with a student in the back of a car while someone drives them around. I guess being bipolar means you can’t distinguish from right and wrong.

2. NBC parades degenerate “predators” around for the sake of “Sweeps” Television. Why don’t they just call it: “Watch idiots lose everything!” That would be far more truth in advertising. These idiots are given time to talk to the host and explain why they have a penis pump and KY Jelly in their car. But do they get a chance to plead their excuses? “Chris, I’m bipolar. Chris, I have multiple personalities. Chris, I have a drinking problem. Chris, I’m a sociopathic dick face who has nothing better to do then talk dirty to a 14 year old boy or girl and then travel two hours with a four pack of Zima.”

3. Mark Foley of the Florida Republican Senator. This guy takes the cake. Why? Well, first it’s the excuses. A. I’m an alcoholic. B. I was molested when I was a kid. C. I’m gay. Why can’t the sumbitch just own up to the fact that he was hot for 16 year-old boys that he and others worked with. Let’s not trot out the excuses and just own up who we are what we want. But what sickens me more, are the apologists who have flocked to him. Saying things like:

“It’s the victims’ fault.”
“It’s the democrats fault.”
“It’s the voters’ fault.”
“It’s the media’s fault.”

And, yes, these apologists are coming out of the conservative woodwork. The conservative woodwork that took Clinton to task (rightly) about his doings but then went so far as to impeach him (wrongly) for something that really had NOTHING to do with national security, the running of the country, our standing in the world, etc. But this is the same conservative base that continues to allow Bush a blank check on ruining this country and ruining the world. And they’re making apologies for that, too!

Okay, kids…where are your excuses! Let’s line them up. Get them ready. Next time I’m pulled over for speeding, what will my excuse be…

Hmmmm. What are my choices?

“The speedometer’s wrong.”
“I was going with the flow of the traffic.”
“I’m bipolar.”
“I’m gay.”
“The radio station told me to drive fast.”
Time to own up and grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home