Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Movie fun!

Good morning all--

In my constant movie watching I often see films that are, well, terrible (see post about "The Great Rupert") - but I must say I've seen 3 great films recently:

"That Uncertain Feeling" - a screwball comedy directed by Ernst Lubitsch. I think it's my first Lubitsch film and it was hilarious! I followed this with "Something to Sing About" a Jame Cagney musical where he plays a singer trying to make it in Hollywood. He makes it, but doesn't realize it, as he goes on a 2-week honeymoon just as his picture is being released. When no one can find him, he becomes an instant celebrity. Returning to the states he's confronted with his stardom and the fact that he wasn't supposed to get "married" because of his contract. Musical numbers and dance numbers were excellent. In crisp black and white.

Then last night I watched "My Man Godfrey" another screwball comedy about a "Forgotten Man" (a homeless gentleman) who is adopted by a family of rich eccenctrics. The film was MAGICAL in its pacing, dialogue and acting. A wonderful, wonderful film.

All three in the public domain - so look for them. Cheap!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home