Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What a Weekend!

Okay - here's another try...

For a weekend with a Holiday - I need a holiday for the weekend. Friday night I went and saw "Gypsy" with my family. The next night I worked the show with my kids. Miriam got to spend 5 who hours in the house ALL BY HERSELF. I can't remember when I was alone for that long.

Sunday she went to church as she was scheduled for Sunday school and I slept in (sinner that I am). Saturday morning (sorry to bounce back a day) - Nick and I went to see "X-Men III" which was "good" - not "great." Should have been longer. "Lord of the Rings" longer.

I watched 6 other movies - all old black-and-white films. The most unique being a film entitled: "The Mighty Rupert" about a trained squirel that helps people. No. I'm not kidding. With Jimmy "big schnoz" Durante. It was produced by George Pal who did the first "War of the Worlds" I would assume this was made BEFORE "War" but that dead animatronic stop motion squirel was far more creepy than a three-eyed alien.

Sunday we had an impromptu party at the house for 10 teenagers. Thrills. They were at our house from 2 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. It was the same day as my 22nd anniversary of mine and Miriam's first date. Spent with a bunch of kids - spending money we shouldn't have... Heavy sigh.

Yesterday, our day off, was spent doing chores. Ended the day watching the Mariners lose (again), having a steak dinner, and watching my soap opera (WWE Wrestling).

Almost more relaxing to be at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home