Monday, June 19, 2006

More MOVIES!

Just to finish my thought on "Bugsy Malone" - it's a film that I can pretty much deem as FUN. It's just a FUN movie. Not great (WHY DID THEY FORCE JODIE FOSTER TO BADLY LIP-SINC?) But, just fun! Like going to Red Robin and buying a big ol' unhealthy burger and a plate of bottomless fries.

Since that movie - I've watched a few more. Nothing too far out of the ordinary (or worth remembering) but I did watch the film "My Gal Friday" which is a re-make of "The Front Page." What made "MGF" better (or different) than "The Front Page" was that, A. It had a woman in it. B. It had Cary Grant. It was almost the EXACT same film except for the first act where you get to meet Grant and his woman (whatever the hell her name is) and establish their relationship. Once the first act was done, it was almost word-for-word the previous version of "The Front Page." Still good, with wacky, funny banter and Cary Grant playing a love lorn ne're do well.

I'm four movies away from finishing up my latest 50 and then it's time to move on to the NEXT 50. Plus my Netflix movies.

So this annoying column will continue...my apologies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home