Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Over The Hill Gang

Two more movies to chalk up to the "have been viewed" collection.

I watched the double bill of the "Over The Hill Gang" movies. Basically a bunch of old actors chewing the lines (and the scenary) like a bunch of retirees at an "Old Country Buffett."

These were two made-for-TV movies that ran about 90 minutes each (73 and 74 minutes a piece).

The stories were minor, the sets were good. Seeing old guys act and laugh and joke their way through the script was good. I kept thinking that Aaron Spelling (who produced) was probably hoping for gold ratings - just so they could create a series around it. But, still, what's the demographic when the main characters are all septarians or octegnarians.

In "Over the Hill Gang Rides Again" - Fred Astair played one of the "Texas Rangers" and, though he didn't dance, he talked a helluva lot and as I watched I kept waiting for him to go into the: "And then Santa realized he had a pocket full of magic beans." As his voice kept reminding me of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Rankin & Bass Christmas Special (but I digress). Basically it was the same issue I had with "Big Fish." Great film, just couldn't get past the main actor's voice as I think he does the "American Express - PRICELESS" ad.

Watched "Star Wars III" with my son. Did George Lucas write the WORST F**KING DIALOGUE EVER?! Terrible.

I still think the movie is really good - but, still...

Talk at you soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home