Monday, June 19, 2006

What did they expect?

Probably exactly this.

Okay, I'm getting off my movie going soap box and climbing onto my political one.

On Sunday it was Father's Day and, as tradition dictates, we have a barbecue at our house. By 3:30 we had 14 people wandering around the house with me cooking on the grill and drinking beer.

Since most of my family is conservative, especially my in-laws, the conversation often flows in a direction that I don't want to go. And, usually, they don't want to be questioned or asked anything. They just want to blindly make statements that make, really, no logical sense and expect us all to just swallow it like the medicine we so badly need.

So my mother-in-law is going off on North Korea testing missles and my brother is talking about Iran and what they're doing and I'm turning hotdogs and drinking beer and not saying what I REALLY WANT TO SAY.

So here's this: Let's say you live on a street. You can't move off the street - you're there. Stuck. Now, across the street this person's house gets broken in. Well. He looks at the house two doors down from yours and says: THEY'RE AT FAULT! THEY BROKE IN! THEY DID IT!

But... they don't stop there. Not only do they accuse them of breaking in, they then say: WE'RE GOING TO DESTROY YOU! And, then, quickly followed by pointing at all the other houses across the street and saying: WE'RE GOING TO DESTROY YOU, TOO AND YOU AND YOU AND THAT ONE UP THERE!

Okay, you're thinking. This is the rantings of a mad man. A basket case. You had nothing to do with their break in. NOTHING! But, now, it's seems you're on their "list" and, really, what are they going to do.

But soon, in an all out effort, they destroy the house two doors down from you. They talk about it. They brag about it. They're happy about it.

Well, now, you're thinking. If I'm on the list and they did that to THAT house. Well, shit, I better do something to protect MY house. Wouldn't that be a LOGICAL CONCLUSION?

So you start to protect your house. But here's the funny thing. The guy across the street says: "YOU CAN NOT PROTECT YOUR HOUSE!" They're saying we CAN'T protect our house. Well, hell, I'm on this list. Right? You've blown the shit out of one of the houses on the list, right? So I want to protect myself from you - but now you're telling me I CAN'T?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING LOGIC IN THAT?

So... Iran is part of the "Axis of Evil." North Korea is part of the "Axis of Evil." But now...if they choose to try and protect themselves...they can't. Huh?

That don't make no sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home