Wednesday, February 14, 2007

THIS IS THE FUTURE (and it's a scary place)

So I'm moving along with my Public Domain collection and I come across two films. One set in the future (1986 - the film was made in the early 70's) and one set in the early 70's but deals with, well, computers.

What makes me laugh about BOTH these films is that the computers are the size of Buicks and they have all these blinking lights and flashing lights and make the "ka-chunk, ka-chunk" sounds and, well, nothing like what I'm staring at right now as I type this. Did these computers ACTUALLY exist? If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to netflix and rent: "The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes" to see what I'm talking about.

The film set soon after 1986 was soooooooo bad that it was ALMOST good. It would have been good if there were copious amounts of nudity but the fact that the first 20 minutes of the film is some ugly guy sitting in a cave looking at news-reel footage. Soon followed by Robert Vaughn and Keenan Wynn. Seems the Nazis have regrouped and are creating clones. Now, why all the clones look at a bad version of Robert Goulet with pencil thin mustache is beyond my reasoning. But bad is bad is bad and that was this film. Bad.

In this collection I'm also running across more made for TV films. And as much as I'm disappointed of not seeing violence and nudity I am seeing some pretty good films. "Tangled Web" was very good as Lloyd Bridges as a veteran cop going crazy after killing his son-in-law's girlfriend in hopes of protecting his daughter. It was actually very good.

Hopefully I will blog more soon.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home