Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Atmosphere

What is "ATMOSPHERE?"

Well, we know it's got something to do with the sky and oxygen or some sort of sciency type crap but I'm talking film "atmosphere."

I finished, watched and finished and began three movies last night.

I finished "Scream Bloody Murder" which was, pretty darn boring for being the "most violent film ever made" (according to IMDB.com. The fact that the director filmed the pilot for "New Zoo Revue" and some episodes of "The Mickey Mouse Club" is a bit disturbing. Still, the movie was pretty darn boring.

I followed this with the film: "The Bell From Hell" which was an Italian film. This film was LOADED with "atmoshpere." Castles by lakes. Fog. Dark shadows (are there any other kinds?), spooky voices, etc. The biggest problem I had with it is that, a. the Bell really doesn't do anything and b. with it being in the PD the sound was REALLY REALLY bad. You could not understand what they were saying half the time. Still... It LOOKED good in terms of a visual style.

I then started a film called: "Metamorphosis" and I'm 20 minutes in and the scientist/professor has just shot himself up with some sort of cell regenerator syrum. We'll just have to see what happens in the next 80 minutes.

Yesterday I recevied TWO MORE 50 film collections. So this column will continue.

You are hereby warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home