Thursday, March 01, 2007

Movies, Movies, Movies

I had hoped I would not be too depressed after the Academy Awards but, alas, I was. Still, since I did not have six beers in me, I wasn't suicidal. So that's a good thing.

I've seen a number of movies lately. Most of them crap but a couple goodies in the bunch.

Saw "Forest Gump" again with the kids and am amazed at how good that movie is. Albeit there's one big issue in the middle that I can't stand that ALMOST ruins the movie for me and keeps the movie from greatness but that's life. Kids seemed to like it.

I watched some mid 70's gangster films that were good and recently saw a VERY bad film called "The Forest" where a cannabilistic man kills people and eats them while the ghosts of his dead wife and dead children haunt the hills (and talk in an echoy voice).

Saw a movie called "Mitchell" which was absurdly stupid in the "Dirty Harry" mode. But John Saxon is always good.

Another film I saw was "Cape Town Affair" with young James Brolin and Jacqueline Bissett. Had a pretty stupid plot line but had a great 60's Austin Powers sound track.

Lastly, watched a film called "A Dangerous Summer" starring Tom Skerritt. Not a bad little pot boiler but funny that the film is called what it is, but it takes place at Christmas time in Australia. So that was a bit of a paradox.

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home